You know you’re a parent when ….
you’re in the bank or at the office or in the grocery store and you reach into a pocket or purse for change or a pen or a piece of paper only to retrieve fingers full of Cheerios.
Have these little crunchy circles of cereal inevitably found their way into the nooks and crannies of your life? Have you read and re-read that yellow General Mills box on your kitchen table more times than you care to count?
Well, it’s all about to come in very handy.
Seems the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute and WomenHeart: the National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease, an advocacy organization representing 8 million American women living with heart disease, are partnering with Cheerios for “The Heart Truth” campaign.
Beginning this month Cheerios will donate $1 to WomenHeart for every online code entered through Jan. 1, 2008, up to $500,000.
1) Wrestle the yellow box from your child’s hand.
2) Look for the “Circle of Helping Hearts” code on the back (specially marked boxes).
3) Enter the code at www.cheerioshelpinghearts.com.
4) Bing, bang, boom, you just sent a buck.
5) Sit back, feel proud and tell a friend to do the same.
(And it just might warm your heart, too.)